Monday, December 12, 2011

Workdesk photos and WIPs

Haven´t had a chance to sit down and do much proper work over the past week, though I did manage to find time to clean up my little workarea. A good opportunity to do a project round-up photoshoot.

( From left to right: Adeptus Mechanicus girl sculpt, first paint on a member of my Digga crew, Epic scale Demon prince sculpt, five Heresy Blights, couple of crooked men for my Malifaux Ressurectionists, the start of an Ortega crew for Malifaux and in front row, five 15mm snakemen with guns. )


This is my workdesk on a good day. Nice, clean and simple.

One of the things that has kept me from doing much work isn´t so much a lack of time, lack though there always be.. Its more a matter of falling victim to procrastination, and not being properly organised. Jakob mentions this recently on his blog and I find it to be very true for many of us. You get into a habit of putting off work until you have a whole evening or day to paint - and then in reality that day never comes. When it does come, I often end up having to use the time cleaning my desk instead of working.

Now I am not a slow painter. I average about 1-2 hours painting a miniature to a decent degree ( much less for the 15mills). It should be possible for me to get stuff produced, if I just throw 15 and 30 minutte sessions at my projects. What that requires though, is a clean, accessible area to work in.

My guild models are a good example of this practise. They might as well have been metal coloured right now, but I spent 30 minuttes one day prepping them with the airbrush, an another 45 minuttes the next day blocking in base colours. If I can only find sessions like that on a regular basis, I will have a painted group in no time. Instead of just thinking about it.



My new motto favorite is this:


Print out and hang above you work area. It will make you work better. Faster. Harder Etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...