Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

Resurrecting the blog.


So, almost 4 years since last update.. Yikes!

I think I started using Facebook and Instagram more for posting pictures of my work at some point, and between family and work just lost track of maintaing the blog. And its a shame, because while those are both great platforms for sharing images and quick updates, I have realised going into 2018 how much more I get out of my hobby if I record my thoughts along the way.

My ambition now for 2018 is to post something on here at least once a week.
Finished projects, random desktop shots, tutorials, battlereports, rules reviews, and whatever else I feel like doing. Given that its been so long since the last update, there should at be projects enough to dig back into for starters. ( Not that theres ever a lack of new projects on my desk.. )

I will be writing here purely for my own enjoyment, to keep a diary of my thoughts on the hobby and projects Im working on. And hopefully as a sideeffect, some of it may prove to be interesting and helpful to fellow hobbyists as well ;)

---------------

In other news, I have been playing Shadespire and painting  warbands. Or rather, I have played 3 or 4 games of it, and painted one warband, plus two more that are half completed. So its a start.



My impression is that GW has made a great game ideal for short game sessions ( you can easily fit in a game in half an hour) and the models are some of the best ones they put out in 2017 in my opinion. I look forward to playing more games of it and getting the remaining warbands finished up.



Above: Random pictures from one of the games we have played. Those Stormcasts are tough to kill! But I had great fun trying :)

Ironskull´s Boyz:

Some of the best Orc figures I have seen in years. And great fun to paint, which is why these are the first Shadespire models I finishen.
Now I just have to get a game in with them and see how they play.


Some notes on the painting ( and in the future I will start taking WIP pictures for you, but for now I will just list what I did)

From a reddish brown undercoat I drybrushed on Boltgun Metal.
Then I drybrushed and stippled the cloth and leather parts with some lighter orange tones, and then stippled a lighter metal tone on the metal parts.
Paint in the skin with an olive green. Paint orkish freehand with an offwhite. Wash everything with 2-3 different tones of diluted washes of oranges, purples and blues. Add highlights to the various parts and paint the bases. And thats pretty much how they were painted (I dont actually paint in a linear progression like that, but you could certainly achieve something similar with those ponts as a guide ;) )







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...